New Feature: Utility Analysis Console in Energy Management Application
The ARCHIBUS Energy Management application provides an effective avenue to track and manage energy use to control costs, reduce carbon footprint, and mitigate risk. The greatest benefit of using the ARCHIBUS Energy Management application is the data driven insight gained by organizations to optimize business decision making.
In the most recent release, ARCHIBUS v23.2 added a Utility Analysis Console. Energy managers who need to make strategic decisions on energy can use this console to get the full context for energy choices as they prioritize their remediation budget for retrofits or strive to meet yearly cost reduction targets. They can also take action on conditions they find by creating capital project requests for energy remediation, initiating an assessment project on an under-performing building, or sending an auditor out to perform a sustainability audit on a site with incomplete information.
- Comparisons and Metrics – Metrics such as Energy Use per Person and Energy Use per Square Foot / Square Meter are generated to provide a frame of reference for a building and its performance. Buildings with similar purposes can easily be compared.
- Details and History – Building details represent the historical and seasonal perspective of energy use to show the impact of completed remediation action or to view the changing energy usage pattern of the organization.
- Equipment and IoT – If equipment and IoT solutions are connected to ARCHIBUS, actual consumption can be monitored on a granular meter-level. This data can differentiate the energy costs for energy intensive labs or for spaces that are sub-leased to other organizations.
Other benefits of the ARCHIBUS Energy Management Application include:
- Reduce carbon footprint thereby reducing cost by approximately 5%
- Forecasting tool that creates “what-if” scenarios that align with business goals
- Mitigate risk with improved analyses and planning
About IMS Consulting
For more than a decade, IMS Consulting has delivered the full scope of ARCHIBUS-related services to both government and commercial clients. As a Virginia Certified Small Business, IMS Consulting provides our clients with personalized attention by experienced ARCHIBUS certified consultants. Our experts work with our clients to thoroughly understand how they do business, identify their unique needs, and pinpoint opportunities to better manage their infrastructure, employ more efficient work processes, and make smarter capital budgeting decisions—both today and over the long term.
IMS Consulting specializes in the implementation of ARCHIBUS, the #1 real estate, infrastructure & facilities management solution in the world. ARCHIBUS is the global leader in streamlining how you manage your real estate, infrastructure and facilities. Centralize your data, planning and operations onto one seamless platform backed by 35 years of innovation and the world’s largest support network. Reduce costs, enhance sustainability, and create a better workplace by transforming how you connect with people, places, and processes.